Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×

I've created a pretty nifty 3D projection cone object using marionette. I can change the throw distance, lens shift, etc... 
However after I turned the marionette network into a marionette object every time I change one of my parameters everything gets screwy. If I double click into the object and edit the network, then exit everything looks normal again. Anyone have any thoughts? File attached. . .

Marionette Proj Playground.vwx

@jcbarnes75Hi, all seems to work at this end. I change all the parameters and seems to do what its supposed to do. Nice work, i see you have your head around the location of vectors and shifting them.:)

Hmm. That's weird. When I change a parameter in the OIP for the marionette object the geometry breaks apart. When I double-click into the object to edit the network and immediately click the "Exit Marionette Script" box everything looks right. Screenshots attached. 

Object broken.png

Object fixed.png

Update to this thread. The "weirdness" only seems to happen when I'm in OpenGL. If I'm in wireframe it works much better. The tool works best in top/plan view in wireframe. 3D views in wireframe and/or OpenGL get screwy.

Edited by jcbarnes75

This is a known thing that we've worked on but still has some kinks.  The most reliable way to change a Marionette object is to modify its parameters in top/plan. It is also suggested that you move it in top/plan. 

This has something to do with 3d points and the orientation of a Marionette object's internal coordinate system. I'll pass it back through to the engineer for another look. 

I had same problem. I Found that if the zero point off the workingplane is schifted, my network didnt work.

Try to reset to user zero point. It is the target in te left upper corner. A yellow color is bad.

point.jpg