Power Calculations

Guest Beckstorm

Guest Beckstorm

So doing a bit of information gathering. Looking to see what workflows people are using in Vectorworks to calculate power requirements for events. 

this was my conclusion also. I find excell is so commonplace that you will always find a solution to a question you want to solve. Or you will easily find someone with knowledge to help you solve it in excell. 

I am sure that VW worksheets are able to do a lot more than I do with them. And I wish I had the time to really go in depth to learn about it. But for now I personally only use VW worksheets to export data to excel. 

• 2 weeks later...

Amongst others, I have a power service and phase field in my Lighting Device records.  Once I assign the correct info to each fixture, I can get a report of how much is used on each service and phase.

All my data imports into filmmaker, where I use a custom database with scripts which can auto-generate phases for any given rack when given a circuit number.  This then gives a detailed report of power usage.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...