BrandonSPP

Power Calculations

So doing a bit of information gathering. Looking to see what workflows people are using in Vectorworks to calculate power requirements for events. 

I've made my own Excel files to do so. For me this is the best and most flexible program to calculate. 

I also use excel spreadsheet. I want to create a worksheet that can run it for me in VWX, but I'm afraid it will be more trouble than its worth.

this was my conclusion also. I find excell is so commonplace that you will always find a solution to a question you want to solve. Or you will easily find someone with knowledge to help you solve it in excell. 

I am sure that VW worksheets are able to do a lot more than I do with them. And I wish I had the time to really go in depth to learn about it. But for now I personally only use VW worksheets to export data to excel. 

Amongst others, I have a power service and phase field in my Lighting Device records.  Once I assign the correct info to each fixture, I can get a report of how much is used on each service and phase.

All my data imports into filmmaker, where I use a custom database with scripts which can auto-generate phases for any given rack when given a circuit number.  This then gives a detailed report of power usage.

• Like 2

I use the cable tools to figure voltage drops.

I use Lightwright for power/phase info.

• Like 1