Wave/Ondulated wall. Which tools?

Hello!

I need to do a "waved" wall for a garden (45cm height and 45cm width. The wave goes right and left and ALSO up and down at specific points. The shape is almost a 4 leaf clover.

With the wall tool it is easy to do the Right and Left waves, but when I do Up and Down the waves are not round and have Edges.

I attach a screenshot of an attempt with NURBS. Very messy. Im out of ideas about how to do this wall round and clean.

Thank you in advance!!

nurbs.png

In plan, can the outline shape be divided up into arc segments? I would calculate the lengths, draw each segment flat in elevation with the undulating top, extrude the shapes and bend each one using the bend mode of the deform tool.

I did a quick test and it looks like it would work. There may be a little experimenting needed as there's some stretch/shrink happening along the length with the bend.

Kevin

58d2cc9f8889f_ScreenShot2017-03-22at12_09_58PM.png.a3e99271a60f5e4d7c6ed5c3efe2a887.png

Undulating Wall.vwx

• Like 2

Oh! Wow! That looks so clean and brilliantly done! O.o

Yes. They can be divided and actually I can even do only half of the area and then mirror it to the other side, since its simetrical. The height measures are very specific and because of that I can divide them into sections.

Did you used any specific tool for the undulated 2D line? Or is not important? With the Deform Tool I believe it will work perfectly!!

I will work on this and let you know the result. Thank you so much!!! :D