Multi Circuit instrument counts

Gabriel Chan

Question

Hi VW folks,

I've been trying to get some multi circuit fixture, specifically 4 cell CYC flood units, onto my plot. 

Fully understand that to create multi circuit fixtures they should only contain symbols and maybe a locus point if necessary. 

So I manage to create that and even the alpha numbering works fine. Dragging one component of the multi circuit fixture causes the rest to move with the same displacement. So it essentially behaves as a multi circuit fixture should. 

However, when I bring up the build list on Instrument Summary, the multi circuit fixture appear only under the "unused fixtures" window while it's individual components are under the "used fixtures". I can only get counts for the individual parts. 

What gives?

Recently upgraded from VW2011 to VW2017. 

Gabriel

4 answers to this question

Essentially when you insert the symbol (containing 4 symbols with light info records) into your plot, VW converts it to a multi circuit instrument of 4 symbols. What the instrument summary tool is doing his seeing the 4 individual cells as fixtures and not the original 4-cell unit. 

The original developer of the Instrument Summary tool (Josh Benghiat) thought about this. So as long as the original symbol contains the same instrument type as the 4 individual cells then it also can be used in the instrument summary. Drag it to the main build list and because it contains 4 further instances of the fixture put a "4" in the count field below it. That should sort out your query.

Btw. Remove the single fixtures from the build list as they are now not needed.

Edited by markdd
On 22/03/2017 at 1:40 PM, markdd said:

Essentially when you insert the symbol (containing 4 symbols with light info records) into your plot, VW converts it to a multi circuit instrument of 4 symbols. What the instrument summary tool is doing his seeing the 4 individual cells as fixtures and not the original 4-cell unit. 

The original developer of the Instrument Summary tool (Josh Benghiat) thought about this. So as long as the original symbol contains the same instrument type as the 4 individual cells then it also can be used in the instrument summary. Drag it to the main build list and because it contains 4 further instances of the fixture put a "4" in the count field below it. That should sort out your query.

Btw. Remove the single fixtures from the build list as they are now not needed.

Hi Mark,

I'm not quite sure how I can put a "4" in the count field? There is no count field to begin with. There is a "circuits" field which I have entered 4 for the HUI CYC. 

I've attached a snapshot of the Build Summary List window and the resulting Symbol Key that is generated. As you can see HUI CYC is in blue (i.e. unused fixtures) and HUI CYC-C is used.

Also, from the Symbol Key you can see that my HUI CYC actually comprises of 3 component - a HUI CYC-L, HUI CYC-R and 2 HUI CYC-C units in the middle.

Am I missing something else somewhere?

Gabriel

Build Summary List.png

Symbol Key.png