Unable to see what I'm drawing

jesscashion

Question

Hello Vectorworks Vets,

I'm new-ish to this program and am trying to do a lighting design project for school.  Running into a problem, however:

I was working through the provided tutorials to get Spotlight figured out and now I am unable to draw any object.  I open my Vectorworks program to create a new document for this project, my blank workspace is there, but there is only the off-white background and ruler.  When I try to use any tool, such as the rectangle tool, no lines appear.  If I use the Select tool and go over the general area that I drew in, it appears the object is there in the Object Info box, but there are no blue squares to adjust the rectangle, no outline of the object, and no indication that anything is on the workspace.  I've gone through and made sure my Attributes palette had a fill color of white, Pen color of black, and a line thickness of 0.05.  I've even gone to page setup and smartcursor settings to see if I can make anything visible.  No avail yet.  I would appreciate any help, please.

1 answer to this question

Normally when things in Vectorworks "disappear" it is because the layer and/or class visibilities are not set properly.

In the Navigation Palette, check that the Class Options is set to Show/Snap/Modify Others, and that all of the classes are set to Visible. Also check that the Layer Options are set to at least Show/Snap others and that the layers are all set to visible.

Once you get everything back to visible you can then start thinking about how you want to use your visibilities and start turning things you don't need back off.