Vision 2017 - Service Pack 3 (SP3) Now Available

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its third Service Pack (SP3) for the Vision® 2017 product line.  This Service Pack includes multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas: 

• Significantly faster loading time.
  • Improved light addition:  Major redesign and improvement of how the lights are rendered. You may need to adjust some of your global scene settings to account for the improved light addition.
  • Increased texture resolution or geometry.
  • Video files playback at speed.
  • Shutter and other information from conventional fixtures saved and recalled from .v3s file.
  • VRAM Monitoring.
  • Fixed Image Export to export proper area of the rendering.
  • Improvements to video capture devices.
  • Implemented video export of DMX recorded scene.
  • Implemented support for simple video capture devices
  • Enable global haze setting.

More details about the features included in this release can be found in the below video:

Steps on how to use the new Export Video feature can be found here:

For direct access to the Online Help, click HERE.

To request a trial copy of Vision 2017, click HERE.

This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater:

Mac OR Windows

9 minutes ago, Daniel B. Chapman said:

Can we get a list of the supported video capture cards? I would really like to see Blackmagic and Virtual Webcams added to the list. This has been a very rough year for projector previsualization in Vision and I'd like to see if this is solved/working.

Checking!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 1:01 PM, Daniel B. Chapman said:

Can we get a list of the supported video capture cards? I would really like to see Blackmagic and Virtual Webcams added to the list. This has been a very rough year for projector previsualization in Vision and I'd like to see if this is solved/working.

We are working on finding a way to get the blackmagic cards to work properly, they send the video stream in an encrypted format, unlike many others. While we don't have a hard list of capture cards that are working, I have had personal success with the cheap Avermedia cards. We are discussing a way to do large scale testing to whitelist some, hopefully that doesn't mean buying one of each, as there are hundreds of cap cards, my fingers hurt just thinking of installing all of those haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Edward,

Wouldn't it make more sense to implement a shared texture capture rather than try to support every card under the sun? The VJ community has had wild success with Syphon on Mac and a large number of media servers support Spout/Syphon or both (for the few cross platform devices). 

The lack of video capture in Vision has effectively killed my workflow. Vision 2017 does not support a FaceTime camera out of the box (Windows or OSX) or any other "Virtual" cameras that I've tried to creatively pipe data in. I have no idea what you're using on the back end but it would seem to me that you need to implement a shared texture. 

Can we please get an update on this? I now have a bug report out that's coming close to a year on this issue. We're officially in "unacceptable" territory here for customer support--it is clear that I'm not the only designer who is annoyed that Vision is useless for visualizing projection designs at the moment.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...