Faux Auto Backup & Faux Crash

Benson Shaw

Question

A couple recent experiences acted like crashes, but were not:

1. I have my auto save/backup set for 25 operations. If I don't see the dialog for a while I get worried. I finally noticed that the box was checked for “Don’t backup this document for the remainder of the session”.  I would not intentionally checkmark this.The check box is placed on opposite side of the dialog window from the Save/Yes button, so not likely a misplaced click. If the box was checked, why would the dialog appear after the 25 operations? Makes me think I made some click or key combo right at the moment the auto save dialog launched causing the checkmark.  Or some intermittent bug at vwx launch or dialog launch that defaults the autosave to Don’t backup.  Or other process that will unintentionally enable this Don’t backup pref. Anyone else seeing this?

2. Vectorworks became partially unresponsive recently. The arc tool in 3 point mode would only allow the 1st click. Arc could not be completed.  But I could activate the select tool and select things. I saved (cmd S) and closed vwx expecting to at least restart vwx and maybe restart the system. Buuuut, right under the vwx window was a push update dialog for Google Earth. Dismissed the Google window, reopened vwx, everything worked fine. I wonder if some push request windows or other auto opening apps would cause vwx to become unresponsive or impaired until the app is closed/dismissed.  Something to watch for.

-B

SaveDialog.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet