TWO-WAY FINISH SCHEDULE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SET-UP AND USE

AlanW

Question

Hi, Am trying to follow the instruction set out in this VW instruction and for the life of me I cant follow it. (Being the NOOB) that I am. Is there any further information as to how to do this?? Videos or a more verbose Noob language maybe with picture for the illiterate like me??

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Was there supposed to be a link to the instructions you are trying to follow?

In general, any Record.Field information that is displayed in a worksheet is automatically 2-way.  Chang the data in the OIP and recalc the worksheet and the new data will show up. Change the data in the worksheet and the data in the OIP (and the object itself if the data effects how the object is drawn) will update.

This only works on fields. You can't use this for calculated information in the worksheet (things like =Area, =XPostion, etc.)

This works with both user created records and with PIO records.

Hi yes there is a document published by VW for this topic. If you google the topic you will get the document.Failing that I can post he link. Thanks.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/download2.nemetschek.net/BIM+Camp/Two_Way_Finish_Schedule.pdf

Where do I find the  "Select and Open the “Custom Room Finishes Housekeeper” worksheet"??

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully its not a train.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi, I want to allocate a tile finish to north wall say at lower level, paint on waterproof plasterboard over , Cornice (crown moulding) type & colour.

How do I do this with the finishes schedule. It appears I can add 1 code to north wall per room. Do i make a new code with all this on it? or is there another way.

There is ceiling wall base floor, can i add more?