Collapsible sheetlayers

Itchy

Question

Can we get an option to be able to collapse sheet layers (from OIP of menu bar) or at least put a decent scroll bar in? I have a job with 54 sheet layers and if i want to move objects from one layer to another, it is a very slow scroll processes to get down to the layers. I have a 4k screen so plenty of screen space but only then do the first 5 layers show up - still plenty of sheets that I have to add in as well so it will only get worse.

Ideally when on a design layer the sheets are collapsed, and when on a sheet layer the design layers are collapsed. I don't think I ever move something from a design to a sheet layer.

2 answers to this question

I agree. I would go even further and say that I wish Design Layers and Sheet Layers were separated. I have a project with over 70 Sheet Layers and 40 Design Layers - scrolling through them all is cumbersome. I also don't ever recall moving something from a Design Layer to a Sheet Layer.

Edited by rDesign

This has been brought up several times and is becoming increasingly important as our design files increase in complexity. Also, the entire concept of Project Sharing relies on the use of ONE file, but if that ONE file has too many Design Layers and Sheet Layers, it is unmanageable. I'm hoping an update comes soon?