Sign in to follow this  
elemelas

inverted colors in renderworks

Everything is fine in Open GL, but all of a sudden Renderworks outputs inverted colors.. VW2017 Trial version. Any ideas anyone?

Awards May 2017 v3.jpg

Reboot the machine and retry the the render, if it still doesn't work after that, turn off all the lights but one and try the render one more time. Let me know the results.

Usually it means that light has a very high brightness value, or a very strong color making things appear inverted. If you replace the light with a newly made one, does it invert again?

Or what about using a RW Camera and playing/dimming with exposure settings ?

I wonder how it can work in OpenGL, if light values are so far off.

It may have been a fluke of the light limitation in OpenGL, since OpenGL only allows 8 light sources, it may have not picked the one that was causing the problem as part of that 8. However, OpenGL also handles light very differently and certain issues that will affect Renderworks wont appear at all in OpenGL, and vice versa.

OK, I understand.

So either find and correct the unrealistic light(s) or use cameras exposure in RW rendering.