barkest

Renderworks - is it worth the effort

you can get some fantastic renders using renderworks.....but it needs real-time rendering to save hours and hours of time doing pre-renders...this is where artlantis comes into its own change a light see the result change a texture see the result instantly.... but i have to say some my best renders have been using renderworks but boy o boy you have to be patient and be prepared to spend many hours of testing and pre-rendering and have the machine powerful enough to implement the full range of renderworks features......great product just needs that real-time update to make it worth the while........

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 9:46 AM, Andrew Davies said:

Must admit - I've always ignored the cloud offer from VWX. I generally work alone 😢 So haven't had the need - but I'll check it out. 

@Andrew Davies I just happened upon this comment of yours about Vectorworks Cloud Services. I hope you’ve had a chance to check it out since you posted. Cloud Services is actually great for individual users, because it’s like you have a second computer available to render your sheet layers. It does quite a bit more too. The descriptions along the bottom of the login page help explain what one can use it for.

If you haven’t given it a good look, I encourage you to do so... It can add some rather interesting abilities to your workflows.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeilB said:

@Andrew Davies I just happened upon this comment of yours about Vectorworks Cloud Services. I hope you’ve had a chance to check it out since you posted. Cloud Services is actually great for individual users, because it’s like you have a second computer available to render your sheet layers. It does quite a bit more too. The descriptions along the bottom of the login page help explain what one can use it for.

If you haven’t given it a good look, I encourage you to do so... It can add some rather interesting abilities to your workflows.

Hi Neil

That is quite an old post I think!  I have checked it out - and actually need to eat my words. Couldn't agree more!

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Davies
  • Like 1

Cinema 4d ( and Vray) does allow for some stunning photorealistic renderings.  I personally use c4d with Vray, in conjunction with VW primarily for interior renderings.  I won't elaborate why in this missive.  That said, VW Renderworks does do a more than adequate job for most Rendering projects. In a perfect world I feel it makes sense to have C4d and VW.  Just my two cents.

Regarding Renderworks, check out the attached Exterior Rendering I just created featuring a home I am currently designing.  I live in French Polynesia,  so I placed the residence into a local environment scene that I created.

-Kev

DESIGN 44 View 1.jpg

• Like 4

yeah, it is tough......but somebody had to do it.  🙂

I am a fortunate guy to live in a place like this, I must say.

Yes, I thought there would be some smart arse comment to that. That's the orchid in it...and yes, I'm sure I could have created image prop, so here is the JPEG. Obviously no reflection in the mirror.

1752070686_HooDooVisPEBLINN.thumb.jpg.aa3b9323f5b3ed52e9e19b7821b28e50.jpg

• Like 1

Apologies there.

These renders were directly out of VWX Renderworks 2014. Using the 'Realistic Interior Final'. Got to say, it surprised me when I saw it.

Here's another couple done at the same time, although these are a bit more brash in their design.676676228_LinnDiaNew.thumb.jpg.5eed95e54d19c0adff6a521d7049a5c1.jpg1486757795_BarDiaNew.thumb.jpg.0eeec6a33c2d55ba92761a084976b5d0.jpg

• Like 1