Importing mess from a DWG file

I understand somewhat how to import a DWG file into VW.

However, after importing, my file design layer has a ton of 3-d symbols which are for example: elevations(4) or floor plans, etc.  I noticed from the pdf's I received that quite a bit of information is missing when I do the import.  I am understanding the auto cad users use classes that are similar to our layers- However, all the classes are grouped(think) on a single layer.

Still trying to make sense and correctly import the file to show everything.  I know there will probably be some cleaning up too

Word of advice?

I have attached an example of what I am getting- One design layer with a ton of 3-d symbols that have anything like multiple elevations and say floor plans, details.  It also has sheet layers with sheet names.  Some of the translation comes through that are viewports.  However, I have to see if the display planar object or project screen object needs to be checked or unchecked.  Problems happens when I see a view port of a sheet layer that has others lines on it that I know are not supposed to be there.  I can't seem to find out how to removed them and not effect the rest of the sheets

test.pdf

Edited by Mac B Designs
  • 3 weeks later...

So the sheet layers are not coming through cleanly?  This is a pretty nasty looking dwg.  I think you need a big cup of coffee and slowly click, check and turn classes or layers off to get where you need to be.  Was this something else (file type) before it became a .dwg? 

Edited by jmartinarch