Using The Energos Module

Guest BillV

Guest BillV

There seems to be a fundamental flaw which renders the Energos  module very difficult to use.   Are there are deficiencies in the way it is implemented or are we missing something. I have reviewed this with Jonathan Pickup and we have both come to this conclusion.

If you look at Energos Project Settings and USAGE you will see only Residential (very limited options) If you look at the Energy Analysis Folder in the Libraries you see many other usage settings - hotel, ;ibrary museum etc. However there is no drop down list to allow you to select anything apart from residential.

A similar situation appears for SYSTEMS where a search of the Energy Analysis folder shows many varied systems.

So my question is how do we address what is in the library from these windows? 

We can accept that country specific data is then required for a project to be drawn but the setup leaves much to be desired.

Comm Board.jpg

Guest BillV

Thanks for the post. I would be interested to see how you created the custom setting. Did you modify the .xml files?

I also posted this in relation to wall styles which have a significant bearing on the energy value !

Edited by BillV
On 3/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, BillV said:

If you look at Energos Project Settings and USAGE you will see only Residential (very limited options) If you look at the Energy Analysis Folder in the Libraries you see many other usage settings - hotel, ;ibrary museum etc. However there is no drop down list to allow you to select anything apart from residential.

@BillV— On the Energos setup tab there is a pull-down for 'Residential' or 'Non Residential'.

energos_1.jpg.cbc3c37dcd64451349d506fcf04057fa.jpg

If you change it to 'Non Residential' you will see the other options on the 'Usage' tab:

energos_2.jpg.e8f9f239b844774d576dd7bc0633958c.jpg

On 3/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, BillV said:

A similar situation appears for SYSTEMS where a search of the Energy Analysis folder shows many varied systems.

So my question is how do we address what is in the library from these windows? 

On the Energos setup tab, select 'Advanced':

energos_3.jpg.f83119dd641dbb1373ebc6ccbcaebd5d.jpg

If you choose the 'Advanced' Setup as described above, you can access / edit the available list of standard building utilization patterns (US_Generic or EU_Generic):

energos_4.jpg.71234795ecb44bb8be1d4f8b3ad86331.jpg

energos_5.jpg.440d879357432118f5d6fca4b46434d6.jpg

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1