Alignment & Distribution of Callouts

willofmaine

Question

I spend WAY too much time arranging callouts on my drawings...

I wish that callouts could be arranged by their text bodies (as if they didn't have leader lines) using the "Align/Distribute Objects" command.  And I wish that their leader lines could then be adjusted without affecting the text itself (i.e., I wish moving the "shoulder point" didn't also drag the "label point" along with it).

Maybe the "Align/Distribute Leader Lines" tool is useful for creating "Parallel objective liens," but otherwise it doesn't really seem all that useful:  1.) it's methodology is inconsistent with and contrary to the simplicity of the "Align/Distribute Objects" command;  2.) it distributes callouts vertically by their shoulder lines, with no option for equal spacing between callouts with differing numbers of rows of text; 3.) and it distributes callouts vertically based on the vertical distance between the top two callouts, rather than distributing them between the top and bottom callouts.  VWIS018

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet