losing data with high res 3d?

Im losing 3d data when I try to up the conversion resolution in 3d preferences--- its fine with the resolution set to low but when I try to turn it up parts of the drawing become invisible. They are still there -I can still select objects--but they cant be seen.

Im trying to get rid of the wireframe look of my model.I have rendered useing final shaded polygons. Any sugestions???--

useing WXP-on 3gig p4-1qiq memory

Mele Kalikimaka!!!!

Sounds like a display problem (duh [smile] ). What kind of Graphics Card are you using? Are you using NURBS? Did you change the quality of your OGL-display? What settings did you use for your Graphics Card - is hardware acceleration set to none or to full? Does it happen with every scene, or only with complex scenes? How many (copies of) symbols do you have?

Cheers,

BaRa

my graphics card is a ATIRaedon 7000

Im not useing NURBS

3D settings are-direct 3d

max resolution

hardware acceleration- full

the scene isnt complex -rather simple

ummmm--copies of symbols?????( dont know- )

this happens not only on this machine -but on a gateway---dont have the specifics for that one at the moment.

Im stumped

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by DaveHi50:

Im losing 3d data when I try to up the conversion resolution in 3d preferences--- its fine with the resolution set to low but when I try to turn it up parts of the drawing become invisible. They are still there -I can still select objects--but they cant be seen.

Im trying to get rid of the wireframe look of my model.I have rendered useing final shaded polygons. Any sugestions???--

useing WXP-on 3gig p4-1qiq memory

Mele Kalikimaka!!!!

There are several possible actions that can be taken depend on the types of objects that are invisible, and how willing you are to make changes to your document to support this rendering. Final shaded polygon renderings should be unaffected by the graphics card, so it is most likely a VectorWorks flaw. What are the objects that don't render?

[ 12-24-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Bell@NNA ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by DaveHi50:

the object that doesnt render is a simple extruded octagon, with misc shapes ( numbers ) embossed on its surface.

How is the embossing done? Is this an object created by add/subtract solid, or is the embossing a separate object?