Andrew Davies

Advice please! Making a Theatrical flat - wrapped in a canvas graphic

@Alan WoodwellPM'ing you now!  

Am going to watch some Cinema 4D Tutorials too - wondering if that is worth taking a look at for this kind of thing.  Problem is I am flat out at the moment so don't have much time to play around / test.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:10 PM, Andrew Davies said:

Shame Vectorworks isn't better at texturing.  I really can't get my head around the different texture mapping option (Perimeter, planer, auto plane etc.  May search out a video on those now). I like using the Attribute Mapping tool - but in this case I couldn't use it as I needed to select perimeter mapping.  Don't understand why it doesn't work with that mapping type.

The Attribute Mapping tool should work with perimeter mapping: you can change the x & y offset values in the OIP why not with the Attribute Mapping tool.

Everything else is a workaround.

Its really sad that in this day and age we still have to jump through hoops to do basic texturing.  All the improvements in VW2017 stopped me from jumping ship but man my texture frustration is coming back with a vengeance.  I sure hope VW2018 has an answer to UV mapping or the pitch forks will start coming out again.

• Like 1