Sam Lee

Which job boards to use to recruit vectorworks users in UK ?

Looking for input on job boards to use for recruiting UK vectorworks users.

We are mainly looking for : 

- architectural assistants / architectural draftsmen

- Interior architects

- Joinery draftsmen 

We currently use : Dezeen Jobs, Indeed, Gumtree, Monster. But the only one we get any decent response from is Dezeen. Wondered if anyone had any input on other places that are good to list positions in the UK 

12 hours ago, Phil hunt said:

Permenant or freelance?

Hi Phil,

It varies from time to time. A mix of permanent, contract and freelance.

Hi

I  am an architect and have many years using Vectorworks for projects in Germany. I would love to work in UK. If you are interested in my profile, please let me know :)

Hi Sam. It's a struggle all right. We do everything in 3d which makes the requirement even more difficult. Generally we have success in contacting Universities and taking on Pt 1 or 2 Architecture students either on placement or p/t.  We spent 10 years with this set up. Finally bit the bullet with a fully qualified Architect who @got@ 3d but she went on Maternity leave. We're back to students again now as we find they are much more tech-savvy.  Specifically, colleges tend to teach in 1 particular CAD package so for example, Kingston Uni near us teach in Vectorworks. You might want to contact VW UK @Tamsin Slatter who will know which colleges also do this (cant promise anything but tamsin is always very helpful) Hope this helps