How to change the surface color in selected grade contour levels

I have a site model if a area alone the water front.  I am set contour data for areas on the water to be below 0 (negative levels)  I will like this surfaces site model to render blue color to allow clearly differentiate between upland and wetland.  

Here is a link to the VW file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro2ke5nzk1dqqh0/Hacienda_Delfines.vwx?dl=0

Edited by Jose E. Calderon
Add tags

Ok then its just a matter of creating a flat plane as the water and setting it at the correct RL. give it a blue glass texture.

Other option is to use a texture bed trace the shape of the area you want to change colour and then update model. HTH

Texture beds may be best option. draw the polygon on plan, right click and create object from shape. make a site modifer and change to texturebed. put on site DTM class., update your site model you should see the outline on the surface.make a class for the waler or land and add texture to the water class. Select the texturebed and change to the water class and you should see the contours change colour.

Texture beds.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 1
  • 5 years later...

old thread, here's one of my old projects.

A nice blue and tan gradient with a flat plane is fast and easy to configure in the site model instead of the default greens.

Changing the flat plane to a colored glass coordinated to the blues used on the site model can allow for the beach transition to have a more familiar gradient appearances as seen in the aerial photograph.

open this gif in a new tab if it doesn't animate

stack3_orig.gif.58fce873a7579d2451c46cda6df425d0.gif

1113316302_ScreenShot2022-10-26at13_01_11.thumb.png.09ef8a55aab79ab7e3df72556d96e79d.png

Edited by jeff prince
  • Like 4