Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Simulate façades on massing model

Joost_R

It looks great and thanks for the help but it's not completely what I had in mind. I'm working on a very large (urban) scale with several massing models (that contain data). The idea is that if I want to make a eye-level view render of the current masterplan, I can simulate façades on the massing models. And if the masterplan changes along with the massing models, the façades ajdust as well. Maybe it's more interesting to work with a bump on a texture? Or create a wall from the massing model. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help, but I've find another way to do it. I've given a texture (with a bump) to the wall class of the massing model and this simulates a façade to the massing model. It looks pretty great but now I've come across another problem. I tried to simulate a balcony which works, but the problem is that the texture (with the balcony) also appaers in the roof and the floor of the massing model, even though the roof of the massing model is set on a different class (with a different texture). Does the wall class of the massing model include every surface of the massing model (roof, walls, floor)?

Capture6.PNG

Capture5.PNG