JPEG Photo imported but will not stay visible

Liberty Rucker

Question

I just went from VW 2014 to 2017. I got a new computer just for the switch to make sure I had enough memory, good graphics card, etc. I imported a photo as a JPEG with no problem at all, but I can't keep it visible. Anytime I zoom in or out, it disappears. I want to trace an element on it but it is impossible to keep it visible while I do that. It seems to have something to do with the layers. The photo is on it's own layer in the "none" class and I have both the classes and layers set to "show/snap others" so it should be visible all the time. Here are screen shots of the photo selected and then a screen shot after I have zoomed. Sometimes it disappears on it's own, too. If I click on the other layer, it shows up again until I zoom.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 9.53.00 AM (2).png

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 9.56.57 AM (2).png

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Reply back with the following from your machine please:

You may also want to try changing Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics to Best Compatibility, but if after doing that and restarting Vectorworks the issue persists, you can put it back to Best Performance.