RM - Preview Pane

Andy Broomell

Question

Here's the problem with the new Resource Manager's preview pane... When looking at resources that aren't in your file, you can't change the view or render mode of the preview. You can only change these when working in your own file. This is a major shortcoming in terms of usefulness.

RMpreview.jpg.6a9ef1338af93374969f524d38343763.jpg

The issue here is that if I already have a Symbol in my file I presumably know what it is since I've already used it. It's when I'm browsing other documents or using the search function that I want to be able to use the view and render mode dropdowns to assess whether the symbol is what I want. These are the symbols I'm not already familiar with.

This issue is particularly true when I happen to be looking for only the 2D view of a symbol, or alternatively only the 3D component, but the symbol's preview was saved with the opposite of what I care about. I want to be able to use the view and render mode dropdown to see different views of the symbol BEFORE downloading it / importing it into my document. That would be much more useful and efficient. :)

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question