Delete added Leader Line... how?

RGyori

Question

Should be simple some how it escapes me.

I have created several callouts to which I have added leader lines using the CTRL-click pop up menu. Works fine. When I use the same pop menu to delete a leader line... nothing happens. I've searched the help menu to no avail as there appears t be no mention of the leader line delete function.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. o.O

19 answers to this question

Thanks for the responses. 

cberg,  yes, when editing in viewport annotations mode a right click>delete leader line has no apparent effect for me as well. Hadn't notice it working on a design layer since i seldom annotate outside of a viewport.

bcd, does it work OK for you in viewport annotation mode?

It would be interesting to hear from others to see if this is a bug.

One of the great things about this forum is that you read a question like this and think, I don't understand the question. So I open up a blank file and try what the questioner asks for myself and find that I didn't even know that you could add extra leader lines to callouts!! Now I know and have learned something new today! Brilliant.

Mark

9 minutes ago, markdd said:

One of the great things about this forum is that you read a question like this and think, I don't understand the question. So I open up a blank file and try what the questioner asks for myself and find that I didn't even know that you could add extra leader lines to callouts!! Now I know and have learned something new today! Brilliant.

Mark

Indeed! Being a sole practitioner my daily scan of the this forum frequently pays dividends.:x

@lgoodkindOnce you have added a callout, you can then right click on the line and with the context menu select delete extensions line. Are you not getting that result? None of this will work on the basic leader line tool though which seems a bit of an oversight. Because it is nested below the callouts tool indicates that perhaps VWX are trying to retire off this tool?

5 minutes ago, lgoodkind said:

Thanks, I was confused by the  option to delete leader line in the OIP which wasn't working for me.  The context click menu seems to work now.

Hello Igoodkind,  A quick question:

Have you tried to delete a second or third leader line after adding them via the control-click-context menu method?

To my experience after adding new leader lines to an existing call-out (via the control-click menu) deleting one is next to impossible. Sometimes it worked but it took several attempts and I have never been able to find a repeatable action that works. 

I had filed a bug report on this last year while using VW2017 but see no improvement in VW2018 except for the addition of the pointing hand with the red X. 

Right. I just did some experiments and determined that it takes greater precision in mousing than I expected. The delete action seems to work regularly only after using the Z key to zoom in on the leader line end point. I use a Kensington Expert Mouse track ball and perhaps it doesn't precision needed? I do not experience other precision problems.

Thanks for compelling me to try again!

4 hours ago, lgoodkind said:

this positively does not work in annotations layer even after SP3 it still isn't fixed. Yes it works on a design layer view - not in an annotations view - which is the only place we use the tool

I have just tried it on an annotations layer in a SLVP and it works fine. Are you on the latest service pack? (2018 SP3)

I am on SP3.  I've tried again and again, new drawings, old ones, small ones, big ones, .... nope.  Why me.  I select the callout, right click, select delete leader line, try to point to any of these extra leaders, they do not highlight, they do not delete, nothing happens.  Even zooming in on it - nothing.  I can add them - just can't delete em.

The time consuming tedium of it all.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.02.05 AM.jpg

In a similar vein to @markdd's reply, check your smart cursor settings. I have...

1028361217_ScreenShot2018-06-21at10_32_01AM.thumb.jpg.c61612d142273916c1662e04e49f607c.jpg1935244196_ScreenShot2018-06-21at10_31_37AM.thumb.jpg.f70b8402d4d4e3dd7ad19eebac9930e9.jpg976572552_ScreenShot2018-06-21at10_31_28AM.thumb.jpg.10c754f333feef38f2dec3117d9694b7.jpg

I've had the most consistent success after zooming in, and with the pointing hand hover over the leader line end point until the red square appears. Then click, and Bob's yer uncle, the leader line disappears. HTH.