Space tool width by height or height by width

Is it just an issue of how the label is created?  Can you change the order the fields to match what you want?

For me, the "Height" field in the Space Object Record is Length. The "Width" field in the Space Object Record is "Width"

Put them in the order you want and them put the other text you want around them.

I see options in the Format Field for Length and Width in addition to Calculate Room Dim.

If you click the Manage Space Labels you can add as many field to the label as you need.

If you click the Edit Layout button you can move the text blocks around to get the arrangement you want.

If you click the Edit button to the right of the Format Field you can add prefix and suffixes as necessary to each field.

Let me know if this is not clear and I can send pictures.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:50 AM, Pat Stanford said:

I see options in the Format Field for Length and Width in addition to Calculate Room Dim.

If you click the Manage Space Labels you can add as many field to the label as you need.

If you click the Edit Layout button you can move the text blocks around to get the arrangement you want.

If you click the Edit button to the right of the Format Field you can add prefix and suffixes as necessary to each field.

Let me know if this is not clear and I can send pictures.

I'm getting the same issue with a Data Tag (I gave up on the Space Label).

The issue seems to be there's no correlation with X or Y:

• "length" = longest dim
  • "width" = shortest dim

I need to find a way to:

• Display "X length x Y length"
  • Show secondary units (metric) for volume
  • Show thousands separators

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.47.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.53.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.56.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.57.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 6.33.44 PM.png

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • 2 years later...

Hello all, I'm running into the same issue. Even though I've adjusted the text in my space tags, the widths & lengths are not displaying properly. At some point as the boundary increases, the dimensions mislabel the width/length. Has anyone found a way to resolve this? 

image.png.bd586bdcc69cec2a75580b9620730d71.png

Em 01/02/2023 em 17:17, BizGoz disse:

Hello all, I'm running into the same issue. Even though I've adjusted the text in my space tags, the widths & lengths are not displaying properly. At some point as the boundary increases, the dimensions mislabel the width/length. Has anyone found a way to resolve this? 

I had this same problem in the space object, which was solved with "calculate room dimensions".

Em 01/02/2023 em 17:17, BizGoz disse:

I had this same problem in the space object, which was solved with "calculate room dimensions".

Edited by Silvano
Duplicate