Josh NZ

Space tool width by height or height by width

The below image is from a new blank file and shows 3 "spaces".

Anyone see the issue when using them to show room sizes?

Hopefully the same issue doesn't happen for windows, columns and other objects.

Capture.PNG

Is it just an issue of how the label is created?  Can you change the order the fields to match what you want?

For me, the "Height" field in the Space Object Record is Length. The "Width" field in the Space Object Record is "Width"

Put them in the order you want and them put the other text you want around them.

We would be happy with either width by height, or height by width. At the moment its just larger dimension by smaller dimension.

In the settings you can only pick "calculate room dimensions".

Space tool width by height 2.PNG

I see options in the Format Field for Length and Width in addition to Calculate Room Dim.

If you click the Manage Space Labels you can add as many field to the label as you need.

If you click the Edit Layout button you can move the text blocks around to get the arrangement you want.

If you click the Edit button to the right of the Format Field you can add prefix and suffixes as necessary to each field.

Let me know if this is not clear and I can send pictures.

Could we calculate (X direction x Y direction) ? other then (length x width) (or) (width x length), calculate room dimension taken as (length x width) which is longer side of rectangle x shorter side of rectangle