Rob Books

Vehicle Requests for Vectorworks Libraries

Question

A separate thread discussed need for more Vehicles in the Entourage libraries.  If you have a particular make and model you would like us to look at adding, please comment here with it, or even your list of wish vehicles.

Thanks,

Rob.

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

All for more vehicles, I would personally like to see trailers (equiptment, boat) added to the mix as I usually need to search the sketch up warehouse for such things.

I'd love to see perhaps a city services collection that contains vehicles like a dump truck, garbage truck, recycle truck (Bins for garbage and recycling) a backhoe with a front end loader and a trailer to put it on behind the dump truck.  North American models please.

19-2924T_1-WM-Loader-134-First-Gear.jpg

3270527852_4abbedd78b.jpg

backhoe-on-trailer-and-dump-truck.jpg

f1287t_1_p1.jpg

• Like 1

@Rob Books  Thanks for the lastest Entourage vehicles (Commercial).  The front loading garbage truck and the dump trucks are welcome additions.

WISH GRANTED!  :)

@J. Wallace there are some for you too.  Check them out.

• Like 1

@Rob Books  some more fire trucks would be a good idea too.  Sizes, turning radii are important in building design (fire fighter access).

A few examples attached.

fire-truck-14384555.jpg

fire-truck-isolated-white-background-36296154.jpg

5974674849_1dfa1a87e8_b.jpg

37 minutes ago, Markvl said:

some more fire trucks would be a good idea too.  Sizes, turning radii are important in building design (fire fighter access).

we have some more emergency vehicles coming out in a future release, we just received the models and are converting them to VW format.  There are ladder trucks, ambulances, and some event command trailers in the release.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/29/2018 at 4:25 AM, Markvl said:

@Rob Books  Thanks for the lastest Entourage vehicles (Commercial).  The front loading garbage truck and the dump trucks are welcome additions.

WISH GRANTED!  :)

@J. Wallace there are some for you too.  Check them out.

Thank you @Markvl

I'd appreciate one of these, as they are very difficult to model in 3D!

19285-tardis-bluetooth-speaker_large.thumb.jpg.d16edf7483f89247f63385f6a0d6c101.jpg

• Like 1

Prius, and some other contemporary vehicles that can be found on the road today in the U.S. such as Camry, Accord, Fiat 500, Tesla, and current small SUVs as well. Subarus of all stripes especially.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:27 AM, Markvl said:

@Rob Books  some more fire trucks would be a good idea too.  Sizes, turning radii are important in building design (fire fighter access).

A few examples attached.

5974674849_1dfa1a87e8_b.jpg

I'm currently working on a fire station so, Yes Please to Firetrucks!!  As a matter of fact, the fire station that I'm working on is only a few towns away from East Dixfield!!

On 3/30/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jim Smith said:

I'd appreciate one of these, as they are very difficult to model in 3D!

19285-tardis-bluetooth-speaker_large.thumb.jpg.d16edf7483f89247f63385f6a0d6c101.jpg

Especially the Interior

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 7:45 PM, DanJansenson said:

Prius, and some other contemporary vehicles that can be found on the road today in the U.S. such as Camry, Accord, Fiat 500, Tesla, and current small SUVs as well. Subarus of all stripes especially.

I believe we have a lot of those already in the library.  As of 2018 they are broken up by vehicle type.

5 hours ago, Rob Books said:

I believe we have a lot of those already in the library.  As of 2018 they are broken up by vehicle type.

Some are indeed there, but are older and with few selections. For example, Subaru has only a single exemplar, and an old one. Prius likewise has only a couple, and they're old as well. Many of the selections throughout are above five years old, so presenting contemporary designs might be slightly compromised.

Not a complaint, mind you. It's good to have all these selections. But just responding to the opportunity to request new things.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, DanJansenson said:

Some are indeed there, but are older and with few selections. For example, Subaru has only a single exemplar, and an old one. Prius likewise has only a couple, and they're old as well. Many of the selections throughout are above five years old, so presenting contemporary designs might be slightly compromised

We will take a look at existing vehicles and see if we can update those that are really out of date.  Probably won't be available till 2019, as we get one batch every year or so.

21 hours ago, Thomas Wagensommerer said:

We need vehicle swept path curves more than beautiful rendered images of a fire car. I am the boring type of person who prefers substance over eye candy. 

we developed the Entourage vehicles more to populate drawings than for analysis.  we could see about adding in some type of record for sweep path curves.  

On 4/4/2018 at 5:01 AM, Thomas Wagensommerer said:

We need vehicle swept path curves more than beautiful rendered images of a fire car. I am the boring type of person who prefers substance over eye candy. 

Something Like this would be awesome... the cost is up there for the single car sweeps i have to do to prove to our NZ councils that people do actually know how to use a steering wheel...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabrica said:

bicycles? wheelchairs? mobility scooters? and such like

Added to the wish list.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:07 AM, Rob Books said:

we have some more emergency vehicles coming out in a future release, we just received the models and are converting them to VW format.  There are ladder trucks, ambulances, and some event command trailers in the release.

I have seen that you guys have added a fair number of European rescue vehicles and a large NA ladder truck.  Need more example of North American trucks like the pics I posted above.  Thanks.