Andrew Mac

wall configuration help

@Mac B DesignsHi, you could use aec/wall recess. But there is still the issue of the recess not extending to the end of the wall and you get this line. Maybe others can have a better way to do this.

Capture.JPG

Pat, I tried this and you can reshape above the base plan of the wall but i could not find a way to drag the top beyond the end of the wall. Hopefully someone can show me how.

Start with a wall as long as needed for the farthest points and then reshape both the top and bottom back. If you start off with it too short, go to a plan or elevation view and use the selection tool to extend the wall and then reshape.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Pat. Uh doh. nothing like a bit of lateral thinking lol. forgot to take my meds.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

I find reshaping walls somewhat cumbersome and difficult to dimensionally control. 

For a different approach, I might make three planes that represent your bounding objects.  Put the planes that represent the upper boundary of the wall on one layer.  Put the lower plane on a separate layer.  Then under the AEC menu pull down, select  "Fit Walls to Objects"  Constrain the tops to  the first layer, and constrain the bottoms to the second layer   What is nice is that if you can always delete these constraints by Deleting Roof Peaks.  If anything in the model changes, such as your roof pitch, you can repeat the process.

You can also use roof faces, generic solids, or any other type of 3d object in lieu of planes. 

58b6d089a1ebc_ScreenShot2017-03-01at8_44_42AM.png.da4d1c2acaf991b5731007b009d37b0e.png

Edited by cberg
  • Like 2

@cbergI like the thinking also, all these different approaches adds to our library of knowledge. I like sometimes when the fit walls to object fits to above or below. Just move it left or right and the wall adjusts.

more ideas the better.

thanks