Phil hunt

to renew or not to renew (that is the question)

81 posts in this topic

I too have to admit that I have a different view of how new features are

complete and ready to be released.

Is it really a problem to say we are working on this, this and that for the next

release, but there is no guarantee that all will be included in that release in

case we are running into unforeseeable problems ?

Or this feature will not come before SP X.

9 minutes ago, barkest said:

Start at 7m:30s and run for 1 min.

That makes a lot of sense.

...free entry level version for Unity (and others e.g. Sketchup) good for intro/ starting out/ learning/ occasional users.

Edited by MRD Mark Ridgewell
Clarity

Well I continued with SSL for 3 licences and upgraded to Architect 2018. However, due to heavy workload and wanting a smooth transfer I have only just downloaded and started using 2018. It has not been a smooth transfer. As reported in other threads start up time can be 3 minutes plus. Viewports take 20 minutes or more to update. VW 'not responds' quite frequently and occasionally crashes. Maybe its time to buy new 3 computers and 2 laptops - an added expense that I am not happy with and wish I had known before upgrading. 

I agree with Pat. I was a VW luddite for many years. I run a business so I look to improvements in production/quality etc. I have never looked back as an Architect/VSS customer. No pain no gain. Tremendous support from VW UK, some issues yes but I can tell you we work in 3D with Renderworks, and we pump put our work 40% more efficiently and 100% more quality than we ever did before in Fundementals. It also makes our clients decisioning so much quicker, meaning a much better cash flow/predictability. Especially yearly upgrades. No it's not perfect, but it is amazing! 

In the end I didn’t take the offer to upgrade to v18 in fact although I have v17 I still use v16....find it very stable.....