Speeding up Attribute Display (Resource Manager)?

Is there a way to speed up the resource manager / attributes display.

For example, if I try to change a hatch on an object listed in the attribute pallet it takes 4-5 seconds to display the available hatches.

The same is true of textures in the OIP.

I routinely access these items, so the lag has become tedious.  I'm just wondering if there are guidelines to speed this up.

Should we store all of our libraries on our local drive instead of a file server?  What is the best solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Taproot

I've discovered a modest work around. 

For example:  With hatches.  If you select "Hatch" from the attribute pallet.

Instead of selecting the hatch normally from the pull down menu (in graphic below shown as 1/4") - modify the hatch by clicking on the right hand button "Fill Hatch Settings."

Normally I use that to calibrate the hatch offset, scale, etc.  But, it turns out that window is MUCH snappier for selecting the hatch you want.

It appears to use the older protocol - hatches are just those in the file and your "defaults" but for my use that is most often what I need. 

It gives me hope that the programming team may be able to refine the interface to keep the software more responsive.

58b7106aa4f2f_ScreenShot2017-03-01at10_15_12AM.png.350836c0f25865ad3cf67b3a93595109.png

Edited by Taproot