Door hardware

8 hours ago, Phil hunt said:

could we have this as an option when inserting a door...the oip already has loads of options like sidelights would be great to insert a certain selection of door handles at source

I think you do, it is just a little hidden. If you hit the wrench and pencil button in the mode bar, you can edit any of the properties before placing a door, just like hitting the Settings button in the OIP.

The better wish would be to have the door and window tools updated to be more like lighting devices where the user can choose what options show in the OIP, so you could turn off the ones you rarely use and turn on the ones you need frequently.

Maybe some pictures will help:

With the Door tool active, click the Settings button (Wrench crossed with pencil. Used more most VW tools that have settings)

58ab4cff0977b_ScreenShot2017-02-20at12_03_45PM.png.dc81b77dd1f2d333f237a1f3ec032e56.png

Then, choose the Hardware pane down the left side. Click the Use Hardware button in the center and pick the type of hardware to add.

58ab4d0018408_ScreenShot2017-02-20at12_05_29PM.png.d2c367cd7827675d2475c16bd60092b1.png

Or am I misreading your question?

@joey altalefHi the  way you can do this is to add the door hardware and then you will find the symbol in the resource browser, convert the symbol to an autohybrid and return to your drawing and its visible. Unfortunately it doesn't follow the door swing but shows yo when door is closed. Maybe I will need to think a bit more to see if there is a way to have it follow the door.

Ok Got it, you need to show open in 3D and the handle will follow the swing.:)

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Maybe some pictures will help:

With the Door tool active, click the Settings button (Wrench crossed with pencil. Used more most VW tools that have settings)

58ab4cff0977b_ScreenShot2017-02-20at12_03_45PM.png.dc81b77dd1f2d333f237a1f3ec032e56.png

Then, choose the Hardware pane down the left side. Click the Use Hardware button in the center and pick the type of hardware to add.

58ab4d0018408_ScreenShot2017-02-20at12_05_29PM.png.d2c367cd7827675d2475c16bd60092b1.png

Or am I misreading your question?

Hi Pat...why is there a Monalisa in your basic tools palette? 

This would be a good inclusion as long as you can use your own mouldings. You can add skirting (baseboards) to walls but the internal trims on the door currently reads the full width of the wall components including the skirting and sets the trim to outside of skirting. Happy for someone to say otherwise.

Capture.JPG

16 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@joey altalefHi the  way you can do this is to add the door hardware and then you will find the symbol in the resource browser, convert the symbol to an autohybrid and return to your drawing and its visible. Unfortunately it doesn't follow the door swing but shows yo when door is closed. Maybe I will need to think a bit more to see if there is a way to have it follow the door.

Ok Got it, you need to show open in 3D and the handle will follow the swing.:)

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Hi Alan

how do I convert a symbol to an autohybrid?

4 hours ago, joey altalef said:

Hi Pat...why is there a Monalisa in your basic tools palette? 

The same reason there is that other little palette with the wrenches.  I was playing with a tool in Vectorscript. It just so happened that it was easier to add the Mona Lisa icon to that one than to leave it as a wrench. Unfortunately, that code is not mine, so I can't release it or tell you about what it does. :-( You will just have to fantasize. ;-)

6 hours ago, joey altalef said:

Hi Alan

how do I convert a symbol to an autohybrid?

Hi, Look in your resource browser and you will see the door hardware symbol (after you select some for your door from the OIP) then edit the 3D symbol select the symbol then AEC/autohybrid.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 3 months later...

I guess the left over work for the hardware is to adopt to differentiating door thicknesses and jamb widths. I can't get custom door hardware to act like the ones come in with VectorWorks where the default hardware stays on center with the door leaf, custom ones we create don't. Something for the Wishlist I guess.

Edited by sle7en7
  • 5 months later...

Hi everybody!!! 

I have some trouble with the hardware symbols for the doors. When I try to manage hardware for the door I am working with, it appears all settings apparently in the right way, but doesn't show up the symbol image in the right window preview nor in the resource list. I do not know how to active them or if I have to do something else to get the symbols images. It happens the same in every kind of hardware I select.

Any comment is welcome...

Thanks.

Israel Montalvo Cap_1.png.9cdc14f12738633ce8e27cefb4ff4f55.png

Cap_2.png

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone, 

I have added a 2d plan view to my door handle so the symbol is now an autohybrid as suggested above and this works really well for most doors however I have one door type that has doors of several different lengths within it. For this door type the handle sits in completely different places and doesn't seems to be linked to the 'Strike Edge Offset' parameter in plan (only in 3d). 

Does anyone know how to control the 'Strike Edge Offset' of the 2d plan element? Thanks! 

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 16.30.13.png

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 17.24.40.png