DLVP Snapping?

Sheet Layers are always at 1:1 scale while the viewport is usually at a different scale. In order to be able to snap to objects shown in the viewport enter the Annotions group of the viewport so you are working in the same scale as the objects being shown in the viewport.

Right click or double click on the viewport and choose Edit Annotations.

19 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Sheet Layers are always at 1:1 scale while the viewport is usually at a different scale. In order to be able to snap to objects shown in the viewport enter the Annotions group of the viewport so you are working in the same scale as the objects being shown in the viewport.

Right click or double click on the viewport and choose Edit Annotations.

I am referring to DLVP (Design Layer ViewPorts), not Sheet Layers. I am referencing an architects IFC building (via VW shuttle file) into a master site plan drawing. I have rotated, moved, and elevated the DLVP (building) to the correct location elevations based on the cad survey. All good to this point. The problem comes when I need to SNAP to the objects being referenced via the viewport. It seems I am completely unable to snap to the viewport objects no matter the settings I try.

4 hours ago, bcd said:

It it generally possible. It may be that you need to restart VW to give it a chance to do some clearing and try it again.

If you can upload the file or a sample file we can take a look.

Cant upload because the file is 125 mb. 

A lot of really weird stuff going on though--if I start a new blank file and reference in the same file(s), snapping works. However, re-referencing the file into the original document fixes snapping (seemingly), but when I rotate to isometric view the referenced model disappears and the dtm changes color...bizarre. Is there some kind of origin issue perhaps? Kind of lost here now, thought I had it all figured out.

6 hours ago, bcd said:

Does your DLVP have a crop object? If so try and delete it.

It sounds like your graphics card might be having a spot of trouble. Maybe try a purge.

Will do, I am using a crop object. We run pretty high end machines with 4gb cards, but could be. I'll continue to troubleshoot and post back. thank you.