joerg

text rendreing issue

Question

i got the problem that text (in 3D plane) does not render correctly in open GL anymore (in viewport) this is new since i upgraded to VW2017...any solution?

openGL_issue.vwx

designlayer.png

on_viewport.png

11 answers to this question

i just exported to VW 2016 and opened it with VW 2016 and it works perfectly so...did i pay for an update and got worse results on my usual workflow and new function i never use??

@joergHi, opened your file and I didn't have the font so it substituted one. Rendered correctly. I recall that Mac and VW may have issues with a few fonts, Jim mentioned it the other day. Try another regular font from the VW library and see if you get the same issue,

Capture.JPG

Also, go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Edit Font Mappings on both your 2016 and 2017 licenses and make sure they are mapped the same way, this sometimes doesn't migrate properly between versions with some font types.

After switching to Arial, if I create a new viewport, it works fine, but the old converted viewports still do not display the text properly. If recreating the viewports after selecting a supported font works in your document let me know, otherwise make sure to get in touch directly with technical support and have them take a look. If they can confirm this as a conversion issue it can be filed as a bug.

thank all together...! .i made a new Viewport didn't work here still same bad result.... i installed the font recently so it might not connect to fontmapping and it is a file i created in VW2017( on a converted template) ill try on an empty file and if its working than recreate the tamplates otherways  i might tell tech support

i tryed it but  it has to do with openGL left viewport is wireframe right VP is openGL ill submit a bug than...

actually if i make the VP and set renderstyle to OpenGL while creating it shows ok but as soon as i change the dpi of the viewport it looks like this...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-17 um 16.39.52.png

Edited by joerg

@joergHi, Just noticed that your Sheet layer DPI is set to 72, bump it up to 200 and see if the result is better. 

i did this by purpose to keep the filesize down but no it doesn't get better....

techsupport from german supplier told me it is happening on AMD grafikboards not on Nvidia.... he made a bug report.