Human Figure Tool

pooja40k

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That tool has even moved to legacy status as we plan to replace it. It creates very resource-havy objects that can dramatically slow down a document.

However for the time being, you can use Tools > Workspaces > Edit the current workspace and add it from the All Tools category under Tools to your own workspace.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to beat the dead horse but here I am trying to do a rendering with a person in 2017, and if I couldn't find the figure tool.

I did find it once I started digging in the workspace so I looked at the message board to see if something was afoot. I found this quote below

On 11/6/2015 at 9:49 AM, JimW said:

They are no longer in the default workspace, I believe the plan is to replace them with more attractive and resource efficient models.

It can be re-added to the workspace under Tools > Workspaces > Edit Current Workspace > Tools > All Tools.

And this quote as well.

On 2/15/2017 at 8:59 AM, JimW said:

That tool has even moved to legacy status as we plan to replace it. It creates very resource-havy objects that can dramatically slow down a document.

However for the time being, you can use Tools > Workspaces > Edit the current workspace and add it from the All Tools category under Tools to your own workspace.

So what gives?

Still no new figure tool, and now hiding the old one.

tsk tsk VW.

Feels like repeal and replace to me.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
18 hours ago, Mickey said:

I hate to beat the dead horse but here I am trying to do a rendering with a person in 2017, and if I couldn't find the figure tool.

I did find it once I started digging in the workspace so I looked at the message board to see if something was afoot. I found this quote below

And this quote as well.

So what gives?

Still no new figure tool, and now hiding the old one.

tsk tsk VW.

Feels like repeal and replace to me.

Yes, we still plan to replace it entirely, but we haven't yet. The problems created by using the old tool were so great that the decision ended up being to remove it before a replacement was ready.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:37 AM, JimW said:

Yes, we still plan to replace it entirely, but we haven't yet. The problems created by using the old tool were so great that the decision ended up being to remove it before a replacement was ready.

I never had a problem with it.

But I only would use 1 or 2 people for fear of over complicating a file.

I do have this model I play with every now and again, of a figure on a motorcycle I pulled from the entourage library. If I ever get that guy to look right riding a sportbike I'm going to put him in every drawing I do.

It'll be like "Where's Waldo" with the guy on the motorcycle.

• Like 1

I use human models a lot. I do not recommend the Human Figure tool. It's stinky on many levels. If you want good results and are willing to spend a little money, try these: https://renderpeople.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=USA-product&utm_campaign=kauf&gclid=CJa9oZrbydICFYpcfgod7i4BKA   I have used them for years with no issues. They also offer a couple feee samples: https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-model/

Disclaimer: I am not associated with that company, I just use their products.

19 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

I use human models a lot. I do not recommend the Human Figure tool. It's stinky on many levels. If you want good results and are willing to spend a little money, try these: https://renderpeople.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=USA-product&utm_campaign=kauf&gclid=CJa9oZrbydICFYpcfgod7i4BKA   I have used them for years with no issues. They also offer a couple feee samples: https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-model/

Disclaimer: I am not associated with that company, I just use their products.

They are really good in deed...!  i imported the sketchup version and worked out well but its more than 50MB .. bthw. i make hybrid symbold out of it by rendering the symbol with the render bitmap tool (300dpi or more dep. on layerscale) and alpha chanel on, in Open GL than copy past the bitmap into the model in screen plane. much nicer 2d look and faster in 2d drawing...if wanted you can drop shadow of the symbol

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-10 um 11.31.59.png

• Like 1