Workspaces still have some unknown limit for menu items

SamIWas

Question

I've posted about this a few times over the past few years, but this has been going on for more years than that.  I think 2014 was the first time I noticed these issues.

I like to write a lot of shortcut scripts to greatly speed up my workflow.  It used to work very well for me.  But, at some point, it just randomly stopped working.  I was hoping that 2017, and starting fresh without importing any settings or plugins (re-writing all of them) would see the issue solved.  But alas, we're back at square one.

Tonight, I created my second menu under the "Object Context" menu, and dropped two known-working scripts into it.  They did not function.  Moved them to another location, and they ran fine.  

I remember JimW responding to this issue, but can't seem to find it.  I would really like to know what the limitations of the workspace menus are so that I can craft my workspace to work the best for me, and not just hope that any given menu will work any given day.  This has been killing me for four years now.  Is there any chance of it getting fixed or is it time to just give up on heavy customization?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet