VIEWPORT CROP NOT WORKING

SiaB

Question

When i want to create a viewport of specific part of the drawing I make a rectangle around it and export view port. Previously it worked.... but since i started using VW 17 fundamental the crop object is not working any more. Instead it exports the whole design layer (s).  Then i have to go back and re-crop it, and the rectangle remains as drawn, while before it became a crop object and disappear from the drawing .  Is this a function of VW2017 fundamentals of not being able to created a view port to a crop object?

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Cropped standard viewports should be possible in Fundamentals, but not a Section/Cropped Section viewport.

With the rectangle selected on the design layer, you're going to View > Create Viewport then picking a sheet layer for it to reside on, and it isn't creating a cropped viewport there? Or are you trying to create a Design Layer Viewport? Design layer viewports aren't possible in Fundamentals alone.

I am just trying to create simple viewport into a sheet layer. With rectangle selected i click on view/create viewport and pick sheetlayer and selecting scale.  Sometimes I get the  message about layers being in difference scale  but i know I am cropping certain layer where my crop object is.

If available in fundamental how to set up to crop to what i want

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's possible you may have set the "Always Do" action so you are not being prompted to use the selection as the crop or not.

Tools->Options->Vectorworks Preferences-> Session(Tab)->Reset Saved Settings(Button)->Check just "Always do the selected action choices" Click OK

Try again and see if you get the prompt.