Auto Hybrid

I have created a Polygon, used clip surface and created an extrude.  I want to model a vanity with counter with a cut out for a sink.  I am unable to crete an auto hybrid?  I am not sure why, but I get an error message referring to a poly break with the name auto hybrid already exists in document?  Why can I not create an auto hybrid?

thanks,

lm

Hi, I work with a lot of Autohybrids where its not possible to use other means and I don't find it slows things down.

The benefit is to using Autohybrids when modeling in 3d saves huge amounts of time. Draw once and you can get the dotted over the section, the top plan and elevations all from one object. If you set it up correctly. I like the thinking above with the slab. See attached file of a pergola and look at the viewports and the settings for the Hybrid.

HTH

Auto Hybrid Pergola v2017.vwx

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

@alfrescoHi, Attached is your file. the issue as to why you were unable to create a Hybrid was a corrupt wall. I have highlighted it in blue. Delete this off your file and autohybrid works.

I will run a video about this because it was good to go over a file and think about the way I would set things up, starting from unit setup to wall penetrations. HTH and I will set a link to the video.

The other thing i forgot to mention was you will notice 3 classes for Auto hybrid ansd look at the settings . Refer to my channel Alan Woodwell in youtube for the video about Autohybrids to help you understand it better.

chatwinensuite2017_(1).zip

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

@alfrescoHi, Did you delete the wall that I said was causing you to be unable to create the Auto Hybrid. Not sure why this was the issue but it fixed it.???

@JimWTry this, the vertical wall was taken out of the other file and I found this to be the cause for the error in creating an auto hybrid, try to make an auto hybrid. Fail. (on my PC) Why??

Untitled1.vwx

Edited by Alan Woodwell