Import C4d Texture issues

grant_PD

Hi, 

Which reflectance models are you using?
Vectorworks 2017 is limited in the number of reflectance layers and the reflectance layer types it can show. If you're using a reflectance model other than the legacy modes or you are using more than 2 layers, the rendering in VW won't match the one in C4D
We preserve the original C4D data though. So, exporting to C4D will show the original material you've imported.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Selin

To what Selin already said,

You can overwrite the RW Texture Reflectance channel from "imported" to a suitable one of the VW options like "Glass",

so that it is working in VW (similar to C4D).

When exporting the scene back to C4D it should still use the C4D settings, if I got that correct.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The main advantage is when roundtripping VW < > C4D. I was unaware of the reflectance limitation originally or I would have made it much clearer in the release marketing materials I worked with, apologies. The reflectance limitations are planned to be removed, but I do not know when.

The advantage is that the users can use readily made C4D materials from the internet. The intend was to expand our texture resources and to be able to use layered materials. Even if it's only 2 layers. That is, as long as they don't use non-legacy Reflectance modes.

The workflow zoomer suggested would be ideal I think.

This was due to our CineRender license for VW2017 and I hate it as much as you do :/  which is also why we decided to keep the original material.