Moving symbol in resource browser

If you have a two button mouse, right click on the symbol and select move.

If you have a one button mouse and are on a mac, hold down the Control Key while clicking on the symbol and select move.

For both Mac and PC, you can select the symbol and click on the arrow to the right of "Resources" in the RB and select Move.

You have to have the drawing with the symbol you want to move as the current active drawing.

• 1 month later...

Katie,

I've tried following your suggestion re: moving a symbol in the resource browser.

I have the current file set in my window menu, and also in the drop down menu in the resource browser. However, when I click the Resources triangle, "Move" is not among my choices. The menu includes "View As", "Show Object Types", "Find Resource on Disk", New Resource in (my current file)", "Make Active", "Edit", "Rename", "Delete", "Duplicate", and "Attach".

Do you have any further suggestions?

Are you trying to add a symbol to a library file or are you trying to move a symbol from one file to another file, or are you trying to move a symbol within a drawing to a different folder ?