How about VWA 10.5.1b with OS X 10.3?

I saw the lively banter with regards to the VWA 9.5.3 and Panther. Has anyone out there tried it with the configuration I've noted in the subject? Currently, we have all our iMacs running OS X 10.2.6 with VWA 10.5.1. It ain't broke, so I don't necessarily want to fix, but we are looking at buying new 20" iMacs and they ONLY come with Panther. I've just installed Panther on my PowerBook. It is FASTER than Jaguar and the interface is fantastic. We are a small office so I can afford to do the upgrade if it is feasible. Are greatest fear is getting the work "out of the box" and printed. We use both HP455CA plotter and HP4MV DeskJet printer (mini-sets). We print using GimpPrint 4.2.4, and not the HP or Apple drivers now.

I'd love to hear from folks about their experiences and workarounds or solutions.

Thanks in advance!

I'm running Panther and VWA 10.5.1b in my iMac DV 400 with 768 mb of ram and everything runs great. Panther is faster than Jaguar and VW runs very smooth, I have had NO crashes. Very good. I also use Gimp print drivers in order to print large sizes in an Epson Stylus Color 1520 with no problems. Great thing! [smile]

[ 12-07-2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Hugo ]

Hey, there. Thanks for the comments and experiences. So far, I've been running Panther and VWA 10.5.1b on my PowerBook 15" G4 with a 20" Cinema Display at a satellite office. However, I was worried with the disclaimer that we shouldn't necessarily be using the beta for production, except at our own risk, of course.

I will say this, I agree that Panther is much zippier than Jaguar and the interface if eye candy and so much fun to work with. Did I really say "fun" and "work" in the same sentence?

The only thing that I notice that is potentially broken due to Panther is that once again with a new OS upgrade, when I enter text and then hit to close out of the text box, it won't. I remember this problem in Jaguar, but I can't recall how it got fixed.

Does anyone else recall this and how to fix it, and are you having this problem? I use the Graphite font.

Thanks!

Hi Katie.

When I am in the text mode, I type as normal and then hit the key as I normally due. What happens thereafter is, well, nothing. It waits for the entry of more text. It does not even enter a character or line return. This problem does not occur on any other version we are still using at the office in production mode.

Any clues? It is not a new problem, it just simply reappears upon every upgrade of VWA. It might be Panther, since that is an upgrade as well and we are in beta mode with VWA.