Worksheet Filter by "Y" Position

I have a document where I have symbols on a layer.  I want to have a worksheet that I can break up into (3) sections.  Symbols whose insertion point starts from 0 Y to say -17' Y, than another data base row that breaks up the symbols whose insertion point fall from <-17'Y to -35'Y and so forth.  

I cannot seem to figure out how to write this database header line.  Does anyone out there think they might be able to help me?

The items are thins with a given record attached. I can figure that part out but I don't know how to break down the insertion points between items from one dimension to another.

Thanks,

Matt

You can't do it using the automatic criteria builder, you will have to edit the criteria by hand.

Right Click on the database header row (i.e. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc.) and choose Edit Criteria. You should get the criteria builder to pop up. If you then click Cancel, the actual criteria formula will show in the formula bar. Click into the formula bar and edit as necessary.

The criteria you want to add is YCoordinate (or YCenter). So you should end up with something like:

=DATABASE((T=SYMBOL) & (YCOORDINATE<0) & (YCOORDINATE>-17))

If you are working in feet and inches it will be more tricky and you might be better off converting to decimal feet for the criteria. It won't like the single quote mark for feet.

When you go back to to Edit Criteria the next time it will give you a dialog box that says the criteria can not be edited with the dialog box. That is OK.  Just click OK and edit manually in the formula bar.

After you get the first one done, you can click in the database header row to select the entire row and Copy. Click in another row header and Paste to get a copy of the original database. Now Edit Criteria to match the next set of values.

If you need more info, please write back.

You beat me to it Pat.

Also we need to wish for an improvement on this v eg. double click the Header Row to bring up the dialogue or formula bar as appropriate. (opt click to always bring up the formula bar)

16 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Right Click on the database header row (i.e. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc.) and choose Edit Criteria. You should get the criteria builder to pop up. If you then click Cancel, the actual criteria formula will show in the formula bar. Click into the formula bar and edit as necessary.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.16.21 PM.png