Rendered perspective plan?

paulg

I am trying to create a rendered cut section viewport but in 'plan' orientation.  Is this possible?

My model is in one layer, its a small pavilion and I want to try placing the section cut at different heights, in order to pick up different features.

Any tips would be gratefully received.

Paul

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Here is a couple of samples for clinic floor plan. One one the perspective is set to normal but the rendering technique is a combination of white model style (background) and hidden line (front). Second sample, I personally like it more for presentation purposes a bit more contrast, no lines.

perspective_plan.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 3.46.54 PM.png

Edited by Luis M Ruiz
15 hours ago, bcd said:

I like.

This would be great as a WebView default.

Since that look is from Renderworks and not live like OpenGL, the engine would have to render every possible angle and view during export. So if one view in that render mode took 15min to render and you needed 256,000 possible viewpoints or more... the math hits you in the face quite hard.

We plan to improve WebView appearance but it wont be Renderworks quality anytime soon.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:33 AM, JimW said:

We plan to improve WebView appearance ..

This is very welcome Jim. Currently as a proof of concept it's very encouraging but the outputs are generally not client-ready.

Would it not be possible to Render the scene with a RenderStyle and bake those pixels into surfaces of the WebView model - something like a bitmap overlay. Currently afaik a rendering will render every  pixel on every surface whether on not it's visible in the scene so presumably the information is already there?

3 hours ago, bcd said:

This is very welcome Jim. Currently as a proof of concept it's very encouraging but the outputs are generally not client-ready.

Would it not be possible to Render the scene with a RenderStyle and bake those pixels into surfaces of the WebView model - something like a bitmap overlay. Currently afaik a rendering will render every  pixel on every surface whether on not it's visible in the scene so presumably the information is already there?

This is what I asked the engineers and got a range of responses from cringing to pensive scowls, not that they didn't think it would be a good addition, but more that it is apparently way more complex to implement than that. I suspect we will get 360 panoramic realistic renders before the same concept could be brought in to webview.

I suspect it will happen, a lot of different features are going that direction in a lot of modeling software. Inevitable but just not super soon.

(Related note: I recently had the chance to use an HTC Vive to look around the inside of a scanned interior point cloud in VR. It was veeeeery strange, but cool. Like standing inside an old memory or maybe a memory made after a bit too much drinking. )

EDIT: This is close to the example I saw: