Space PIO on worksheet but disappeared ? ARGH!

Patrick Fritsch

Question

I'm a wits end, my Room Finish Schedule Worksheet is showing space PIO that have disapeared in the layer. I've tried to select via worksheet, made visable all layers and classes, verified on layers with different scale but all to no avail.

Is there a way to delete selected space PIO via the worksheet? Right click on the line just deletes every Space PIO!

8 answers to this question

So, I can't tell you why they disappeared or how, I have come up with a way to delete them.

Edit the Building field (named Unit, column B in the schedule) for the "missing" spaces to be something unique.  For my test I used MKS, but something like ZZZ12fhg might be more unique and ensure that nothing else has that name.  Set each missing space to the same name.

Edit the following script so that the constant named Building at the top of the script matches the name you entered in the worksheet.

Run the script and the spaced should all be deleted.

Make sure you make a backup of the file before running the script just in case something bad happens.

Procedure DeleteSpaces;
Const	Building='MKS';

Var	H1:Handle;
	H2:Handle;

Procedure DeleteIt(Hd:Handle);

Begin
	DelObject(Hd);
End;

Begin
	ForEachObject(DeleteIt,(('Space'.'11_Building'=Building)));
End;

Run(DeleteSpaces);

• Like 1

Yep, scripting is kind of like magic. Let's you make things appear and disappear at will.  There is a reason that super expert (far more skilled than I) are referred to as Wizards. ;-)

This one, even though it is pretty short, actually took a fairly in depth understanding of the file structure of VW and the different ways to access objects.

When you are ready to learn more about scripting, let us know and we can help you get started.