David Vogel

Spotlight Curtain Object plug-in missing

I am unfamiliar with this forum and how it works, but I have a persistent issue for which I am seeking help. For the past 3 versions of VW (2012, 2015 and now 2017, running on Mac OSX, now ver. 10.11.6), my Spotlight toolbox shows a red "X" where the Curtain Object tool ought to be, which gives me an error message. Any idea what I need to do to recover that tool? Here is the message I get:

• An error occurred while opening the plug-in. Make sure that the plugin is located in the "Plug-ins" folder located in the User Data and Preferences Folder. See Vectorworks Preferences - User Folders tab.

I don't know what I am supposed to do in the Preferences - User Folders tab, and I cannot locate the plugin in any of the "Plug-ins" folders. Other plug-ins seem to be fine. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.10.59 AM.png

Using the Workspace Editor, remove the tool from your workspace and then re-add it back. This can happen when the ID of a plugin changes from version to version in a customized workspace.

This video explains the workspace editor: 

Thank you - that helped. Turns out my problem was that the plug-in name was changed some time back from "Curtain Object" to "Soft Goods," but my custom workspace kept the old name, blocking the updated version. All is good now.

Edited by David Vogel