Files Corrupted by Migration Manager?

willofmaine

Question

Yesterday, working in my Users > Application Support > Door-Hardware file, in a door knob symbol, its geometry disappeared when rendered in OpenGL.  Ultimately, the only way to recover was to create a brand new Vectorworks file and import all of my hardware symbols into that.  Today a similar thing happened working in a brand new file created from one of my templates: when I grouped several symbols, they disappeared, even in Wireframe view (in Top/Plan view they were visible, and in 3D views they'd make temporary appearances either with the preselection highlighter, or when orbiting the view).  Again, I imported them into a brand new (non-template-derived) VW document, which helped, except that it was then necessary to update sub-symbols before those, in turn, would make an appearance.  One thought is that both of these files, the Hardware file and the Template file, exist in VW 2017 thanks to the Migration Manager.  Is the Migration Manager corrupting files, or otherwise introducing some king of dysfunctionalism to them?... VWIS091 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet