More OIP Tools - Multiple Objects Selected

Kevin McAllister

Question

When you select multiple objects, you get these little widgets at the top right of the OIP (see image or link in help - Widgets).

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 5.30.20 PM.png

I find these very useful at times, but I wish there were a couple more functions when you switch to Individual Edit mode - Deselect and Delete. It would be so helpful to step through large group of selected objects and be able to deselect or delete individual objects. When models get complex with lots of pieces I would love to step through a large selection, flashing each object individually and deselecting any I don't need. The delete function would be useful for troubleshooting, where you can often select corrupt objects using select all but you can't see or select them individually.

Kevin

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

To add,

I would like to see points in sub object modes marked permanently and visible,

not just shy flashing for a millisecond, when scrolling through these by arrows.

I think the deselect option you ask for is nice and valid,

but would not be so important if we had proper graphic selection tools with an option to

explicitly add (SHIFT) or subtract (CTRL) to the selection.

There are often situations in crowded files where you can't select what you need.

Even when using all workarounds like visibility and edibility lock options and coming from

different sides, because elements are touching, to near to each other or overlapping.

Especially when meshes involved which will select when only being touched by the marquee

although used without the ALT option.