Layer visibility

I'm sure that the answer to this is blindingly obvious, but I can't figure it out.

I have a drawing with 2 layers, each in a different scale. I want to be able to see and print both layers clearly. At the moment one layer or the other is always greyed out

I have gone into 'Layers' and checked that both layers are 'visible', I have tried all the different transfer modes, I have looked in 'preferences'.........nothing doing. Any ideas anybody?

I don't know if this is relevent, but the drawing was originally imported from a DWG file.

Christian

VW10.5

W2K SP4

A couple ideas below,

Select all in the grey layer and change to black line color. ACAD is sometimes used with different line colors per layer.

Have you checked in your "classes" menu for the class the greyed layer maybe in is set as grey.

Try importing again and the last info window that comes up lists the line colors and allows you to change them.

I import/export on a regular basis, hope above helps.

Bryan

Good idea about the Classes, but it turns out that they are all set to visible.

The drawing was imported all into one layer. I copied one part of it into a layer that I had created and expanded the scale to clarify something. I don't think that the problem lies in the import.

In fact I tried the same thing in another drawing that I hadn't imported and got the same results.

I'm sure that I'm missing some setting somewhere.