Create Water ripples in swimming pool

KenH

Hi, Jim.

Many thank

1 hour ago, JimW said:

This should cover both the displacement and caustic effects:

for your reply. I hate to say though I have followed every instruction (I think) but still no water ripples. I know my memory is useless but I build everything else but not this water. I have created the pool as a shell solid with a metal Rendered image. I have tried with 1 water element at 1mm deep and set it against the top and as an alternative created another one at the full depth of the pool. The lights I have created and made them 700 at a high resolution. I'm at a loss now. Any help you can give will be excellent.

Regards

Ken

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This looks like a Floor object was used for the water, don't use Floor objects for things if you can avoid it they have a lot of special rules. Make sure to use a 3D polygon or use the Extract tool on the top of the floor and keep the NURBS surface while deleting the Floor.

Your texture is configured correctly, but you were in OpenGL so you wouldn't see any displacement. Also, you may need to scale the texture down to look like accurate water, at default mapping in your file it was a bit large:

Screen_Shot_2017-02-02_at_11_26_26_AM.png