Alignment issues

EVOlution848

Question

I've been using VW2017 and in the last day or two while using vectorworks I inadvertently pressed some sort of 'short cut' button that caused my drawing to be on a different active layer than what I am actually drawing on.  If I try to draw anything new into the plan, from above it looks correct, but as soon as I rotate the drawing, the new addition doesn't rotate with the rest of the drawing...it merely stays in the 2D view, as everything else revolves around behind it.  I've already tried setting the active plane, unifying layers...etc.  There must be some kind of quick fix, but for the life of me, I don't know what it could be & it's driving me crazy!  AAAARRRRGG.  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.13.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.13.23 PM.png

2 answers to this question

The shape has been drawn on "Screen Plane" rather than the Layer Plane. Once an object has been drawn, its plane can only be changed in the plane dropdown in the Object Info Palette, so try changing that from Screen Plane to Layer Plane. (The Active Plane dropdown in the upper toolbar is only for objects to be drawn in the future).

Screen plane objects stay glued parallel to your screen and have multiple uses, but since it sounds like they are not a part of your workflow, I'd recommend going to Document Settings and making sure "Plane Mode" is set to "Working Plane Only" to avoid Screen Plane objects being created. (The Working Plane defaults to the Active Layer Plane.)

• Like 1