OK, so I have designed a curved eyebrow dormer for a Craftsman house. Question: How do I intersect the extruded objects I've built from the roof face it intersects?

Image attached.

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.01.59 AM.png

@Jeremiah RussellHi, If you draw the front profile of your dormer and place it in front of the roof where you want it to be and select from 3D tools "Project and it should extrude to the face of the roof. Then you can cut a hole in the roof.

You could use the window tool, create a window, then convert to a 3D symbol then place in the roof and adjust the shape of your roof.

HTH

Yes just create a window and then convert to 3D symbol and drag the symbol onto the roof then edit the dormer to select the bat. and adjust the settings

Project.JPG

3D Symbol.JPG

When you create the dormer click on the blue dot at bottom of dormer you will get options to change the profile and the bottom option is bat 

The protect tool is good because with the window you may have issues with he shape of window fitting to roof and vide versa. Creating the front shape is easy just use straight polygon tool an edit vertex with the curved option

The bat option in the dormer OIP needs some work. I've spent a little time playing with the options and there doesn't seem to be a way to get the effect I've modeled above. It seems like it could get there quickly, but isn't there yet. 

Thanks for the help!