pdf export issues

I'm fairly new to vw.  I've run in to a couple of problems that I have tried to solve, but now need help from the more experienced community. Both issues have to do with exporting a pdf.

a) When exporting a vw drawing file that has an imported pdf that has been cropped, the resultant image shows up in the new jpg file rotated upside down. For example, if I import a pdf of an aerial photograph in to vw, then crop it (on a drawing that has a title block) and try to export it as a jpg, the new jpg has the title block in correct orientation, but the original cropped pdf image is rotated 180 degrees. Very odd.

b) When I export a vw drawing file to a pdf, I get a message saying I don't have appropriate security, and it won't let me do anything with the file.

Any help is most appreciated, Thanks

VW 2016 Educational Version

Nedly

Just guessing, but it sounds like your original pdf is secured.  Secured pdfs don't allow any changes or conversions.  Testing a couple of variations on importing a secured pdf, I don't encounter any of the problems you speak of, so I'm not sure if that is the issue.  At the same time, your post isn't very precise -  for example, when you say "it won't let me do anything with the file," exactly what file are you talking about?

I believe (but I might be wrong) that exporting to PDF isn't licenced in the Fundamentals version of the software.

You can still add "export to PDF" to the menu, but you'll get an error similar to that.

If you have Acrobat Pro, then you could try printing to PDF??

Vectorworks is very good at dealing with importing protected PDFs usually.

I hope this helps (and isn't wildly off topic!)